Photobucket

Monday, August 30, 2010

Leaving the Light On

Photobucket
I love the sky. My most favorite times are sunrise and sunset. Since I usually don't see the sunrise, I love to watch the sunset. It helps me remember the greatness of God and I feel so at peace.

As for a different subject...another book. I have just finished up with this one and I highly recommend it to anyone.
"What kind of home do you want your children to look back on years from now? Are you turning on lights of love and laughter and shared dreams in your children's memories..."
Photobucket
"Whenever I find myself in the darkness of disappointment or puzzling circumstances, I start looking for the sun rays of God's presence and purpose. God has always been faithful in providing that light. The clouds break and-of course!- He's been there all along. His sovereign love and tender concern shine out like sun through a patch of blue.

Every family will experience it's share of "cloudy day" hardship and pain. The Bible assures us of that. James writes:"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds" {James 1:2}. It's not a matter of IF, it's a matter of WHEN. Dark days and difficult times are unavoidable. Although we may work overtime trying to shield our children from hurt, we'll never be able to shelter them totally from bruises caused by their own or other's actions.

As caring parents, one of the finest legacies we can pass along to our children is a determination to discover positive gain in troubled times. We can teach them to wait for the sunlight." Gary Smalley

Every trial contains value!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this post! I love you!
Kimberly

Beth said...

Love you too Mamy K!