Photobucket

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Can I Please Have One Of These?


or these...

or these...

and can I have it with one of these... {the swingbed}

and these...

and can we add one of these in the back...

Okay, maybe that's a dream!

We're getting a carport {yipee!} and John wants to cover the deck also. I'm trying to talk him into a pergola. Instead of putting a roof over the deck, put a pergola. And then plant some sort of thick vine for coverage on the top. {Jasmine?} He thinks we need a roof so he can sit in his rocking chair and watch the rain and not get wet.{His long-time dream!} Does anyone have suggestions or ideas??? Or maybe a vote for my idea?!!!

2 comments:

Christi said...

I love all the pics. My parents have a roof/pergola combo. I really like it because you can be outside when it is raining or not! :)

As for the vine- my "suggestion" is an evergreen clematis. It'll bloom but won't drop it's leaves in the winter. :)

My in-laws put wisteria on their pergola and it grows to be so strong it tore part of the pergola down! :)

Just my two cents! :)

Beth said...

Thanks Christi! I had suggested the roof/pergola combo. And John said that would work for him. So maybe that's what we'll do...COMPROMISE!! It's what married life is all about--24/7~