Photobucket

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The stockings are hung and the Christmas tree is glowing.

And the temperature is a very warm 83*.

Only in South Alabama.

 But, I'll tell ya a little secret.....
I'll never complain about warm, pretty weather.
And I wouldn't rather live in any other place in the world!

So, on to other news....

Photobucket

This guy or gal could quite possibly be the ugliest thing ever created.

Photobucket

Look at those hands or feet....whatever.

And this sucker is running a close 2nd.

Photobucket

I certainly hope not to offend anyone, but who on earth wants to snuggle up with this?!!  I'll stick to my dogs, thank you.

Photobucket

And why in the sam hill would you put that within the same four walls as yourself? 
Better yet within the same four-hundred-thousand miles?!!!!!!  I am fine with never being in any closer contact than this photo with such an animal.   
Photobucket

And that is the fattest gator alive.

Photobucket

This little bunny was the cutest thing there.  He hopped around freely as if he was the grounds keeper.  Or the boss.  Or the tour guide.  Whichever.

Photobucket

And dug holes like a dog.  And let my animal pull his ears off.

I guess now would be a good time to explain this post.
I got a little side-tracked with the unusually large snake.

In November {I think}, we made a short get-away trip to Fish River. 
While there we visited the Alabama Gulf Coast Zoo.  We were all very pleasantly surprised.  From the outside, it didn't look like much.  But once we got in, it turned out to be one of the best zoos I've ever been to.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

I love that dude!
Photobucket

The birds were beautiful.

Photobucket

And I had to get this sweet boy's picture for my friend Treva.  She has a cutie just like this named Fern and he is my boyfriend.  No, really!  He thinks that.  He is very complimentary :)

Photobucket

These pictures do not do these gorgeous animals justice.  They were absolutely stunning.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

My little animals had a blast.

Photobucket

Who knew something so simple could be so much fun?!   For us big kids and the little ones :)
Really.  Animals are fascinating.   And to think God created all of these and thousands more.  Even the terribly unattractive ones.  I will ask Him about those one day.

Peace out~

Hope you're enjoying your Christmas holidays.

Whether snuggled up with your hot chocolate by the fire.

Or in your shorts with the air conditioner blasting.

Whichever suits you.

No comments: