Photobucket

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Make change

This morning I woke up with my agenda for the day racing through my mind.  My son goes to pre-school for 1/2 the day, 3 days a week and my daughter goes to Mother's Day Out for 1/2 the day, 2 days a week.  The way their schedules are, it works out that I have 2 hours a week to 'do-all-those-things-that-I-need-to-do-when-I-don't-have-children-with-me.  So those two hours are precious to me.  So much so that I will just about go crazy-sleep-deprived-time-alone-deprived-wild-woman on you if you try to mess with them.


Photobucket

 {What?!}

But, you know when you pray for things, God actually does hear those prayers, and He even answers them.  The problem is the answer is not always just the way I want it to be.  
 
Photobucket
 
One of my goals this year is to be more patient with my family and show more loving kindness to each one.  Haven't I learned yet not to pray for patience ;-) Needless to say my plans were shot to the moon when my sweet baby girl woke up crying and feeling yucky.  But God quickly reminded me of my goal.  The 'to-do' list could wait.    
 
 
Photobucket

Photobucket

Not that I wouldn't always take care of my sick children.  That wasn't the point today.  It was my own agenda that I had to for-go and set aside.  That's what is hard for me.  That's where I need the patience.  That's when showing loving kindness to others is hard.   When 'me' gets moved over for 'you.'

Photobucket

These are the days when I need to learn to see the bright side of things.  The opportunities that are made when things don't go as planned.  The opportunity to sit still and hold sweet babies.  To spend precious time with little ones that are growing so fast it hurts my heart.  To see the sweet moments that are passing me by and leaving me standing there wondering what happened.  The moments that can't be replaced.

 
Photobucket
 
It's these kinds of days that make us stop and see.   Because we don't have a choice.  We don't have a choice but to see how life is changing while we're too busy checking off our list.
 
Photobucket

Seeing things like "when in the world did my sweet baby boy grow up big enough to be dressing like a 12 year old and writing his name?!"

So today I will sit.  And rock.  And love my sweet baby.

And the plans will be changed for something much better.

P.S. I got this sweet bracelet in the mail today.   Together, a mother and daughter are raising money for children in India whose families are affected by leprosy.

Photobucket

 “We came up with the motto ‘make change’ and designed a bracelet with those words on it, along with a miniature penny which signifies that small amounts of ‘change’, be it monetary or otherwise, can add up to make a major difference.”

Photobucket

Check out their page and see how you can help!

Blessings,

1 comment:

Amy said...

That rice crispy candy looks good! John Luke is going to be an A student! Allie Beth...... Well we will see! She will prolly argue that the teacher doesn't know what she is doing!!! :))