Photobucket

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Another Answered Prayer

We went back to the doctor yesterday to find out the results from the latest bloodwork and got great news! We were praying specifically that the tumor markers would go back to normal and 2 out of 3 have! The third one is down drastically and Dr. Nesbitt said it may continue to drop. We were so thrilled to hear the news! God is SO GOOD!!!We are still scheduled to meet with the oncologist Friday. He will look at all of John's reports and talk to us about the next step. He may suggest some chemotherapy or surgery or maybe even just monthly observation. We are willing to do whatever is best! We know without a doubt God is in control of this and He will guide us in the right direction.
John is healing from the surgeries a little more everyday. Our sweet little man is back home with us and we are sooooo glad! He still has a runny nose, but I don't think he is contagious and John said he didn't care. He had been gone long enough! We thank Nan and Paw and Mamy and Mamy K for ALL their help!! We know he was in good hands and having a ball!
Right now, John and John Luke are running around like hoodlums playing hide and seek! It sounds like a bunch of wild indians are in the house with me but it is music to my ears!!!


What a beautiful sight!!!

16 comments:

The Wilson's said...

That is such a relief to hear. I am so glad that ya'll have your baby back at home. I think having a child to love on will help take the both of your minds off of things and help him heal faster. I know when I don't feel well it helps me to hug my girls.
We will still be praying to our AWESOME savior!

Lori said...

Thrilled that you got good news! Sweet pics.

Shonna said...

I know y'all are so thankful for the good news at the doctor yesterday and equally thankful to have John Luke home with y'all...tell John not to "over-do-it" when he is playing!!!

DeAnne DuBose said...

Praise God!!! Beth and John that is wonderful news!!! It looks like next week before we are going to be able to make that meal for you guys. one way or another we going to get you guys that meal.LOL I'm so glad things went well yesterday!! We are still praying for you guys and that God continues to heal Johns body. We are also praying that more good news keeps coming your way. We love you all.
DeAnne and Paul

Tara said...

Look how sweet they are together! I'm so glad that y'all got a great report!!!

Heather said...

That's GREAT Beth. I know ya'll are glad that little man is back. We'll keep praying for you guys.

Josh and Lyndsay said...

That is WONDERFUL!!! Praise the Lord!! God is soooo good!! We are continuing to pray for you and John.

Anonymous said...

I was soooooo glad to hear the news!! The pictures of John and his little man are sooooo sweet!! You're most certainly right--there isn't a sound more wonderful than the sound of your little one playing and laughing right along side his daddy!!!

jeff and rebecca said...

Praise God from whom ALL blessings flow!!!! Wonderful news to hear after a very long day at work!! We love you both so much and will continue to pray for you. It was also great to get to know John Luke. He was a delight and loved Will. He called him "Bubba" and me, he called "Heath". If Heath wasn't so handsome, I might be offended! HAHAHAHAHA

Tina K Rogers said...

Such wonderful news. I know you are so glad to hear this news. God is Soo good! The picture of John and John Luke is absolutely precious. I only hope to read more blogs that are like this. If you need anything, please let me know. I'd be grateful to watch Mr. John Luke if you need a break. Ivy would love a play buddy.

Dawn said...

We are so glad to hear the good news! God Bless You Both!
Love,
Dawn and Brian

Adrienne said...

That is such great news! That picture of John hugging John Luke just makes me cry...I'm sure everybody in the office is wondering what I'm crying about! Love you!
Adrienne

Christi said...

Love the new pictures and the update. My husband has been asking me EVERYDAY if you have given any updates!! He's been very worried about your family and he doesn't even know you--- we have been praying for you and will continue to do so! :)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful, wonderful news!!! God is Good!! Still praying for you both. Tell John my sweet little girls pray for him nightly. So precious to hear. Kelley

Anonymous said...

Terrific news! I'm so glad that you've made it this far while clinging to the Lord's promises that he has you in his hand! Please feel free to contact me about ANY questions as you go through this process. My Chris ended up having the second surgery (lymph node dissection) and they all came back cancer free!!! I know the doctor will be able to tell you what's the best step. I will keep praying. So glad your little boy is back with you too!

Christy said...

Thank God for good news! I know it's good to have John Luke back. Cute Pics!