Photobucket

Sunday, January 11, 2009

We're Home!

Praise God we are home! First, we absolutely have no words to express how thankful we are for you all! The comments on this blog are more comforting and uplifting than we can explain! Thank y'all for all your prayers, phone calls, cards, comments, hospital visits, and friendship!!!!!!!!!! We are so very thankful!

I know most of you have heard about the scare on Wednesday morning, so I will spare you all the details. Just for a little info. for those who do not know...John woke me up early Wednesday morning telling me his scrotum was swollen and bleeding. I pulled the covers back, and he was RIGHT! I first wondered where the blood was coming from because he had no incision down there. I have never seen anything like it! I immediately started trying to call the emergency contact number, but was unable to get in touch with anyone. Sue came over and called Dr. Nesbitt's cell phone, and he said come on back over now. We tried to load John up in the car and he passed out in the doorway. We called for an ambulance and they took us back to Dothan to the emergency room. We waited in the emergency room for what seemed like days! They finally took John back for surgery around 12:30. I have never seen anyone in so much pain in my life! Minutes seem like days, literally! All of this was caused from blood pooling in the scrotum so much that it burst. Basically, we should have never gone home the day before but it is all over now and we just have to make it over one more speed bump. John stayed in the hospital from then until today. He was terrified to come home, but they have assured us he is okay now, and we are trusting in the Lord!!!

Wednesday afternoon after the 2nd surgery, Dr. Nesbitt came to tell us the CT Scan was all clear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot explain the feeling of relief from those few words! All we could get out of our mouths was Praise the Lord! We still don't know about treatments. We won't know anything much until the Pathology report comes back. There could be a possibility of some microscopic disease that didn't show up in the CT Scan, but with no big tumors showing, the future is much brighter!! We will be going back to see Dr. Nesbitt for a check-up Tuesday or Wednesday and he should let us know about the Pathology report then. We are praying for either NO treatments or very little. And we KNOW GOD is able to answer prayer!!!!!!!!!

John is starting to get very sore and is still in pain. The devil is trying to use every opportunity to discourage him and steal our joy! Please pray that God will have victory and He will give us the strength we need and give it to us new every morning!!!! We hope to get some rest and start seeing major improvements!

As I said before, we cannot tell you how much we hold dear your prayers and comments! When I finally was able to read these tonight, I just started crying again but they were tears of joy and gratefulness. It is so humbling to see how awesome God really is! We love you all!

For the past few days I have been clinging to these two verses:
..."weeping may endure for a night, but JOY cometh in the morning." Psalms 30:5

"This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him." Lamentations 3:21-25

23 comments:

Lori said...

I'm so thankful that you have gotten such good reports. We will continue to pray for comfort and minimal pain for John! It's wonderful to see answered prayers.
Ben and Lori

Josh and Lyndsay said...

PRAISE THE LORD the CT came back clear. We are glad to hear John is doing better. Hope you are both able to get some much needed rest. Keeping you in our prayers.
~Josh and Lyndsay

Ginny said...

We are continuing to pray for you. Please know that we love all three (four) of you.
Ginny, Hunter and William

The Wilson's said...

It is good to know you are all home and safe! We are and will continue praying for you and your family! Thanks for the update!

DeAnne DuBose said...

We are so gald things went so well! Praise God!!! We are still praying for you and John. We love you!

DeAnne and Paul

Anonymous said...

I know you guys are worn out. I have been thinking about you and John. Call me if you get a chance to talk. I love you and am here if you need me for anything.
Love, Sissy

Ashley said...

You are a precious girl, my friend!! I hate to hear John is in so much pain, but I'm SO THANKFUL things are looking so positive! I haven't wanted to bother you, but I'm thinking about y'all all the time and say a prayer for you everytime I think about you. I'll talk to you soon! We love you lots!

The Taylor Family said...

PRAISE THE LORD !! We are so glad to here that you are back in the comfort of your home and the lord is working we continue to keep praying. We are glad to hear that the CT scan came back clear and the lord is putting his touch on john just stay strong in prayer and the devil shall not bother you. If there is anything you need just let us know we are you to help. Talk to you all soon

Christi said...

YAY!!! I am so glad you got such great news about the CT scan! :)

Shonna said...

WHAT A MIGHTY GOD WE SERVE!!!
So glad to hear that y'all have finally made it safely to the comfort of your own home:) We will continue to pray for good news from the pathology reports, that John's pain is minimal, and that he continues to heal without anymore complications. Keep us updated as you get a chance. We love y'all!

Michelle said...

It is so good to hear a clean report from the CT scan and to know you and John are doing so well through all of this. We will continue to pray for John's pain and to uplift your family for strength. I know you need our prayers also for you and the little one inside, take care of yourself as well as John (and little John :) We love you!!
Michelle and Paul

jeff and rebecca said...

Glad to hear you finally got home. Your place is pretty. Yesterday was the first time I had ever seen it. It looked just like Beth inside. I definitely could see your touch on everything. It made me think of the time me and your mom drove to Auburn and painted your trailer and hung that wall paper. We were exhausted!!!! We will continue to pray for you. The best part of all of this is the wonderful things that God has done through the both of you. You now have a new and improved husband. Once you have that kind of touch from God, you can never be the same. Praise HIM!!!!

Heather said...

So glad that you back to the comforts of your home. I can totally believe John was scared about coming home. I am so glad for all the good reports and will continue praying for you and John and the babies.

Julie said...

I know that you are glad to be back in Andalusia!!!! Sorry that we weren't able to make it Sat. night, but I'm sure y'all needed all the rest that you could get--mentally, physically & emotionally. We'll are still lifting your sweet family up in prayer. Just let me know what night is good for you and John to enjoy a meal--doesn't matter if it is two weeks from now--just whatever works for you. We love y'all and am thankful that God was right there beside both of you through it all-like we knew he would be! PRAISE GOD FROM WHOM ALL BLESSINGS FLOW!!

Jeremy, Julie, John Parker and Sawyer

Anonymous said...

We are glad to hear that John is doing better. All things are possible through God, and there is no doubt in my mind that good will come out of this situation. We put John on our prayer list at Oakey Ridge, and Vanessa prays for him each night at bedtime. My family and I want you to know that we love you, and you weigh heavy on our hearts and minds each day. The Bible tells us that God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, and of love. I pray that God will give you the strength and courage during this time to dominate any fears that you may face. Do not hesitate to let us know if there is anything that we can do to help. Love,
Casey, Julie, and Vanessa

Dawn said...

So glad to hear you guys are home and if we can do anything at all, don't hestiate to call. We are still in the middle of construction with our laundry room, so there isn't much rest around here with the guys getting here around 6:30 - 7:00 every morning. I have been an early bird lately and I kinda like it. It's too bad I don't have a reason to get up that early every morning. I'm with Julie, ya'll need some good warm food...I will bring some Spagetti over one night for you guys. Not to stay just to leave with you. I know how hospital visits and surgery can be...NO REST!!!! Then when you get home and get to sleep the phone rings, so I haven't called. I will be in touch with you on the food. Let us know if we can do anything. Take care and our thoughts and prayers are with you both. God WILL take care of everything. Take comfort in his arms. His peace passes all of our understanding. Make sure you get plenty of rest for you and the baby. Eat well and I will see you soon!
Love,
Dawn and Brian

Tara said...

Beth-
I'm so behind on my blog reading and didn't realize all of this was going on!! I'm praying for you, John and your family and you're constantly on my mind. You're faith is such an encouragement!
Love,
Tara

Anonymous said...

Beth I wish that I had known that you guys were in Dothan, WE live just 30 minutes from here. Praise GOD that the CT scan was clear! WE will continue to pray that God will be glorified through this situation. WE pray that the pain will cease and the recovery will be shorter than expected! Keep praising HIM through this storm and know HE has a reason for everything!
Mandy JOhnson

Lynn Castleberry said...

PRAISE GOD!! Enough said.

Anonymous said...

Beth, Don't forget to take care of yourself and that percious little one!!!! Get lots of rest. Amy and I would LOVE to entertain John Luke one morning so you could do absolutely NOTHING. We'll arrange that very soon. WE're still praying for you both. Praise God for answered prayer!!! Kelley

Anonymous said...

I PRAISE GOD for his faithfulness!! Prayers will continue and like others have mentioned, please take care of yourself, as well!!

God bless!

Carrie said...

Know that we are continuing to pray foy you, and trusting the Lord to continue His mighty work and surround you with His love and peace. We love you!
Jason and Carrie

The Martins said...

We are Praying without Ceasing for all of you. I know you and your parents are all exhausted. I pray God will help each of you sleep through the night each night so that you can be rested to face anything that might lie ahead. God is the Great Physician and is still in the healing business. We love you all very much!

Stacey, Ron and Kady