Photobucket

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

John Edward W. Colvin

Well I have finally gotten back around to my blog! To start with, I know most of you know, but we got wonderful news from the Oncologist. He said everything looked great and we could do one of several options. He DID NOT say John needed chemotherapy or that he HAD to have another surgery, so I took that as being the BEST news we could have gotten. The 3 options are: observation every 6 wks, 2 rounds of chemo, or the lymphnode disection surgery. The treatments and/or the surgery are both pre-cautionary. They did more bloodwork while we were there, and we should be getting those results today. If the one other tumor marker has come down to normal, we will know more of what to decide. Right now we are just thanking God for his mercy and grace!!! And the MANY answered prayers!

Now for the husband questions...I got tagged several days ago and haven't had the time to sit down and answer the questions. I have read all about all of your husbands and I think it's GREAT to brag about them sometimes! In fact, I should do that a whole bunch more often!!! So here we go...
1. What is his name? John Edward Wollenzien Colvin
2. Who eats more? I guess he does, but I sure do eat A LOT myself!
3. Who said, "I love you" first? He did.
4. Who is taller? John
5. Who is more sensitive? That would be ME! Although, lately he has gotten much more so.
6. Who does the laundry? I do, but he helps me out a whole bunch!
7. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? If you are looking from the foot of the bed, I do.
8. Who pays the bills? John makes the money, I write the checks. {Christy, I'm still old school like Shonna!}
9. Who cooks more? ME most definitely!
10.Who is more stubborn? I would have to say we are both equally stubborn.
11.Who is the first to admit they are wrong? We both do.
12.Who has more siblings? I do. 2 sisters, 1 brother. John-- 1 sister.
13.Who wears the pants in the relationship? John
14.What do you like to do together? We like doing most anything together. We both like to be home, so we really enjoy hanging out at the house with each other playing with our little entertainer John Luke. We also like to ride the Ranger around the pastures, and be outside when the weather is nice. We like to go out to eat, but that is kinda rare. It's really hard to enjoy a nice meal with a 2 yr. old crawling all over you and begging to get down the entire time you're there!!! But we have made a promise over the last few wks. that we are starting a new tradition---date nights once a month and date weekends once every 3 months! I'm really excited about this one! In fact, we are planning our first get-away!
15.Who eats more sweets? Well, John definitely used to, but now that he is eating healthier, neither of us eat much anymore.
16.Guilty pleasures? John---hunting. Me--blogging. We're kinda boring!
17.How did you meet? We had mutual friends. The funny thing is we had never actually run into one another at any of these mutual gatherings. One day, Shonna and Jamey told me they had a really good guy for me to meet. I was hesitant at first, but now I sure am glad we met!!! Thanks Shonna and Jamey!
18.Who asked whom out first? John asked me!
19.Who kissed who first? He kissed me! {Finally!} {My mother was so proud it took him so long! She said that was a sure sign he WAS a good guy!}
20.Who proposed? He asked me on July 15, 2005 at Olive Garden in Fort Walton Beach, Florida. The same place we went on our first "out to eat" date. He was acting so crazy that night, but I thought he was just in a really good mood. While we were eating, I said I had a headache. He told me he had the best headache medicine there was out in the truck {the Ring}. When we got out to the truck to leave, he opened my door for me and I got in. Then he shut the door and opened it back up really fast. When I turned around he said he had forgotten to ask me something. Then he got on one knee and all I remember is him saying "Will you marry me?" and opening this little box. I could NOT believe my eyes. The little box had a light that came on when you opened the lid and it was dark outside so the light was shining on the diamond and it was sparkling away! The rest is history!
21.His best features and qualities? Hard working, the BEST daddy, dedicated to his family, Christian man that is growing and learning more everyday!, loves me unconditionally and shows it often, helps me at home with EVERYTHING, listens well, and an extra bonus--he's VERY handsome!!
22.Tag you're it. Who do you tag? I can't remember who has done it already but I don't think I've read one for: Rebecca Taylor, Mendy, DeAnne, Adrienne, Lyndsay, and anyone else that wants to!

Wedding Day---April 22, 2006!


Beach Trip, 2008.

Christmas 2008.

11 comments:

Shonna said...

So glad to help you find this catch...we should get together soon and let JL and C play!

It is wonderful to continually hear the good news and answered prayers! Let us know what you find out from the last tests. Love y'all!

Lori said...

Great hearing your story! Sounds like a great match!

The Wilson's said...

I am so glad to hear the wonderful news about John's health! I enjoyed reading about you and your hubby. You are getting close to finding out what the new baby is. I can't wait to hear if it is a boy or girl. That is unless you are one who waits until the end to find out.( I hope not!!) We will continue to pray and thank the lord for all of his many blessings.

Anonymous said...

Well, I am gonna have to take a little credit for the box with the light in it!!:) Sweet Pictures!

The Clarks said...

Loved reading the story of you and John. Your pictures are so sweet too!

Michelle said...

I am so glad to hear John is getting such wonderful results! I enjoyed reading about you and him and seeing all your cute pictures! I can't wait to hear when you find out what the baby is!!

Heather said...

Great news Beth, I'm so glad. Loved hearing your story!!

Anonymous said...

Well.... I'm going to have to take some credit for the box and the RING!!! Absolutely Gorgeous!!!
Love ya'll!!!!!!
Love, Mamy K

Carrie said...

I am so glad John is better! We have been praying for you guys! Glad you answered the questions. I enjoyed reading them. As for the date weekend, how awesome. I would love to be able to do that. Jason and I talked about planning to go to another "Weekend to Remember." Only this time we want to go to the one in Hawaii, and plan a vacation to go along with it! We'll see, I guess...

Julie said...

So glad that he got a good report!!! I'm hoping this week will be a good week to bring you guys supper!! Just give me a call and let me know what your nights look like.

Anonymous said...

Such wonderful news! We are rejoicing with you!