Photobucket

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Surrender

Do you remember the acronym WWJD? {What Would Jesus Do} I do.  Just wish I remembered it a whole lot more often. 

Back in the day, John Wesley often asked himself and a group of men that he mentored these questions. 
They brought to my mind WWJD....

Am I consciously or unconsciously creating the impression that I am better than I really am?
In other words, am I a hypocrite?
Am I honest in all my acts and words, or do I exaggerate?
Do I confidentially pass on to another what was told to me in confidence?
Can I be trusted?
Am I a slave to dress, friends, work, or habits?
Am I self-conscious, self-pitying, or self-justifying?
Did the Bible live in me today?
Do I give it time to speak to me everyday?
Am I enjoying prayer?
When did I last speak to someone else about my faith?
Do I pray about the money I spend?
Do I get to bed on time and get up on time?
Do I disobey God in anything?
Do I insist upon doing something about which my conscience is uneasy?
Am I defeated in any part of my life?
Am I jealous, impure, critical, irritable, touchy, or distrustful?
How do I spend my spare time?
Am I proud?
Do I thank God that I am not as other people, especially as the Pharisees who despised the publican?
Is there anyone whom I fear, dislike, disown, criticize, hold a resentment toward or disregard?
If so, what am I doing about it?
Do I grumble or complain constantly?
Is Christ real to me?

Well, did anything jump out at you? In my case, they all did! And boy oh boy do I have a lot of work to do!

"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform [perfect] it until the day of Jesus Christ."
Philippians 1:6

No comments: