1. Never commit to a man on what he could be.
- The best way to predict the future is to look at the track record. Don't marry a "reformation project". We all fall short, and can make improvements, but don't believe the lie that 'you can change him.'
2. Never have sex before marriage.
- One of the biggest ways to disempower a man and cause him to lay down his sword of nobility, is for a woman to lay down her virginity. The woman who holds true to her standards causes the man to step-up. It calls out the best of him because she represents herself as a prize to be won.
3. Never submit to anything immoral or illegal.
- Don't ever sign documents you don't understand.
4. Never stay silent about abuse.
- Talk to a trusted advisor and seek wisdom. Pray for a healthy relationship.
5. Never nag.
- "A quarrelsome wife is like a constant dripping on a rainy day; restraining her is like restraining the wind." Proverbs 27:15,16
Don't constantly point out the negative in your husband. Nagging is jeerleading - it disempowers a man to want to do better.
6. Never stop being his cheerleader.
- One of the great gifts that we give to our husband is cheerleading. Other than the word of God, a woman is the most personal mirror a man ever gets to sing who he is. Say, "I'm proud of you!" It speaks right to the core of a masculine soul.
7. Never embarass your man in public.
- "A wife of noble character is lher husband's crown, but a disgraceful wife is like decay in his bones." Proverbs 12:4
A man is performance based, and nothing angers or hurts a man more than to feel exposed by the person who is supposed to be his teammate for life.
8. Never treat sex in your marriage casually.
- Sex is life-giving at the core for a man. There is a re-affirmation of life and of relationship, and masculinity of a man by the physical responsiveness of his wife.
9. Never assume that your husband's job is not your business.
- Have some level of interest in your husband's vocation and appreciate what he does. It makes you his teammate and gives life to him.
10. Never fall in love with your kids moe than your husband.
- Don't get too involved with children and grandchildren that you lose sight of the adventure with him. Your husband should be at the core of your heartbeat.
*These awesome tips are by Robert Lewis from his book The New Eve. As a guest on Family Life Today with Dr. and Mrs. Dennis Rainey and Bob Lepine, Lewis shares some great insight on marriage.
* Listen to Family Life Today On the Go. Or visit their website. It's awesome!