Photobucket

Friday, October 21, 2011

Simple. I love simple


Photobucket

I would like to be more simple.  Live simple.  Think simple.  Be simple.

Photobucket

I'm very grateful for the modern conveniences that we enjoy, such as, washing machines, running water, indoor plumbing, vehicles with tires instead of hooves, etc. but I really crave the simple in everyday.  The ability to step away from the trends, the pressures and truly bask in the joy of pure contentment.  In. all. things.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Being satisfied -- independent of my surroundings. 

Photobucket

"Where the soul is full of peace and joy, outward surroundings and circumstances are of comparatively little account." 
----Hannah Whitall Smith

Photobucket

God has already given enough.  He always does.

Photobucket

I'm the type of person who rushes ahead.  Going through the motions of the current activity on my way to the next one.  Always looking at what's next on my list.

Photobucket

Being prepared and organized is good.  It's a positive.  But forgetting to relish each moment, each year, each opportunity, each step on the journey is not good. 

Photobucket

That's what I mean by simple.   Simply living in the moment.  Freely.

Photobucket 

With the Thanksgiving season approaching, I'm being reminded that those "precious moments" will one day be "precious memories".   Time is short.

Photobucket

"Hem your blessings with praise, lest they unravel."
-----Anonymous

3 comments:

The Starr Family said...

I love your posts.. they always make me stop and look around, wherever I may be sitting at that moment. Simple is the peace in our home, the contentment with our God. And I so need it.

Beth said...

Oh thank you! I need the encouragement:) Love to read your blog too;)

Anonymous said...

Very pretty pics. Little Cathy is precious and john Luke looks more and more like his daddy. Love y'all!