Photobucket

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Are there any "cheapskates" out there?

Or maybe just thrifty mamas. If you're like me, any good deal sounds like a good deal. I have decided whatever I have to do to save $$ I will do it. With that said, I have a few little tid-bits of info. to share with anyone who is interested...
First: I have found a wonderful store named Big Lots. Most of you have probably been knowing about this place forever. I don't know where I have been all these years, but I certainly am glad I now have been introduced to this place. If you have a child like mine that doesn't eat hardly anything, this might be helpful. And if you have a child that will eat anything and lots of it this may save you a few dollars. These are just a few of the snacks I found. The good part is they were ALL $.50 or $.60 a piece! And these little jewels are John Luke's favorite:




This is the big box for .$60! {Shonna, I thought you had said Caroline liked these.}
If anyone is ever interested in making a Big Lots trip, let me know.


Next, I wanted to share with you all a very smart lady I heard on Faith Radio this past week. Her name is Mary Hunt. She is the creator and editor of "Debt Proof Living". She was a former spendaholic and is now an expert in money management. She offers a monthly newsletter formerly called the "Cheapskate Monthly" now called "Debt Proof Living". She also has written a book called "Debt Proof Your Kids". {I have ordered both. If anyone would like to borrow I will be glad to share.} I heard this lady on Family Life with Dennis Rainey. She gave some fantastic ideas on teaching your children money management skills. If you are interested in listening to the broadcast you can go to www.familylife.com . Once you are on their webpage click on listen to audio, then past radio programs and you should then see a title similar to "Debt Proofing Your Kids". There are two parts to this broadcast. I thought her ideas were very inspiring. I hope we can use them with our children in the future. Hope you have a wonderful day!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh yes the store for POOR people!HAHA As a matter of fact, to my surprise it is quite a nice find for folks who are bargain shoppers! And you know I am just that.... a bargain shopper!! Gotta SAVE that MONEY!! This is not the store for Amy.. the frantic spender!!
Love ya
Kimberly

Anonymous said...

Yes, we are actually wery thankful for Big Lots!
Love, Mama

DeAnne DuBose said...

Big Lots is one of my favorite stores to shop in!!! I love a great bargain! I'm so glad you discovered it. Just wait till the holiday season comes around and you will get some really great deals!! You are a very smart momma!

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if I like Kimberly's comment about me...I think I am a good bargain hunter!! Amy

Ashley said...

Well, You know your old tight-wad friend, Ashley Williams, would love a shopping adventure to the Big Lots. We even have one in Enterprise!! What? What? Another reason for you to come visit me! I think so! Think of all the deals we could find!

The Martins said...

Two words babe...YARD SALE...most of Kady's stuff came from one of our weekend excursions around the neighborhood...and some Christmas presents too! And did Kimberly really just call Amy the frantic spender? That would be like saying that Ashlie needs more clothes! Haha!