Photobucket

Sunday, July 24, 2011

House crashers

Is that what they would call us? I don't know. We {as in the girls in this family} love to ride around looking at houses. Doesn't really make much difference to us....

could be ones we've seen a bajillion times, but we just really like it, or it could be something new. It could be near or far. This brings to mind a story..... a few years ago, my mother asked me if I would like to go to the Parade of Homes. This is something we do often so I was all in. Well, this particular tour was supposed to be in Georgia. Several hours into the trip, I saw a sign that said Tennessee. Oh yea! She had drug me all the way to Tennessee! Ofcourse to this day, she denies it! I swore that was my last Parade of Homes trip with her.......it wasn't.

One of our favorite locations is the Fairhope/Foley area. We love the architecture and style of those homes. They're all so homey and inviting.

We really love it when the homes are open to the public. We get to nosey through and get new ideas. There is one major difference in the homes we tour and the homes we actually live in.......

it's called budget.

But none-the-less, it's still fun.

Photobucket
Love these doors.

Photobucket
Love these doors and columns.

Photobucket
Love the entry, doors, and porch. Notice the mailbox post....love it too.

One reason we love Fairhope/Foley is because of these beautiful trees....
Photobucket

Photobucket
Love the deep porch, all the different materials---stone, brick, shingles, and I love the color combination.

Photobucket
Love the front door, the wreath, and the chairs.

Photobucket
Love the open space, the lighting, and all the cabinet space.

Photobucket
Love, love, love the exposed brick wall, the accent colors, and the windows!
Photobucket

Photobucket
Love the sideboard and the accessories.

Photobucket
Love these chairs.

Photobucket
Totally love this pantry door!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Love these hand and bath towels from Pottery Barn.

Photobucket
Completely in love with this bright, airy, and spacious kitchen with the farmhouse sink and hardwood floors. I love hardwood floors in a kitchen. The only thing I would change is my floors would look more like these.....
Photobucket

If I could talk my sweet, dear husband into these doors, I'd have one like this at every entrance. They make me smile:-)
Photobucket


And the gas lanterns are icing on the cake!
Photobucket

"House crashing" is definitely one of my most favorite hobbies! Call me crazy, but it lights my fire!

Happy Sunday!

5 comments:

The Starr Family said...

Oh seriously, how fun is that??? I'd drive to Tennessee... all I'd need is a Starbucks, Chris Tomlin CD, and a guarantee to see homes of pretty :)

Nan said...

Lots and lots of fun!!! Nan

Amy said...

I love riding and looking at houses too!! I try to sweet talk Corey into driving around on Sunday afternoons down our favorite streets, sometimes it works!! I love love love those doors too!

Anonymous said...

Fun! Fun!
Love,
Mamy

LeAnne said...

Call me anytime if you need a home admiring partner. I love to look at model homes sooo much!