Photobucket

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Inconvenience or blessing

" You are not managing an inconvenience but raising a human being."
by: Kittie Frantz

On a daily basis, I have to remind myself....

"I am not managing an inconvenience but raising a human being."

Does that sound as harsh to you as it does to me?

 Of course I love my children more than I can ever imagine loving anything else. There's no other love like it.

But even though that is a fact, I find myself much too often wishing I could "have a minute of peace." Or " just a second to myself".  

I am a task-oriented, get the job done, organized, don't throw a kink in my plans kind of fool. Children do NOT fit that description in any shape, form, or fashion!

And even though I remind this "I'm busy, got to get it done, no time for play, I'm on a schedule" OCD self of that, I still fail. Miserably.

Grace, Grace. God's Grace. Grace that is greater than all our sins.

Thankfully, God gives me chance after chance. And when I take hold of those chances, the rewards are sweet. Sweet. Sweet.

I get to........

Photobucket

build bridges out of pillows and see how far we can jump......

Photobucket

read stories......

Photobucket

of none other than heavy equipment........

Photobucket

then attend an auction.......

Photobucket

and then go to the car sale........

Photobucket

managed by Buzz and Woody......in all shapes and sizes.......

Photobucket

have a little picnic......

Photobucket

and by all means, let's be a "real" man.......

Photobucket

hang out with Bo, the fox look-a-like.......

Photobucket

then race him up......

Photobucket

and down the driveway......

Photobucket

admire the blue skies......

Photobucket

lounge around......

Photobucket

hang around......

Photobucket

Photobucket

then sleeping beauty arises from her slumber and joins us......

Photobucket

check the mail.....

Photobucket

make time for a meltdown.......

Photobucket

then some pickin'......

Photobucket

then some lovin'.......

Photobucket

Photobucket

take a wild ride......

Photobucket

enjoy the ride together.......

Photobucket

smile for mama.......

Photobucket

chill out......

Photobucket

I'm not sure......

Photobucket

not sure again.......

Photobucket

check out our one and only rotten tomato.......

Photobucket

wave to the neighbors.......

Photobucket

Photobucket

And at the end of these days, I am reminded.....

these precious ones are a "priority blessing", not an inconvenience.


2 comments:

Shannan Martin said...

Cuties!!! And no, that quote doesn't sound harsh. Especially after the day I had. ;)

Amy said...

Oh my goodness Beth I love this post!!! John Luke and Allie Beth are so precious!! I love how she can hold a baby, bottle and brush all in one hand! Too cute! And I can so relate sometimes with just wanting some time to myself or getting the floor swept just real quick. I can so relate!:)