Photobucket

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Hi Friends! It's good to be back! I've been a little detattched from the world since the lightening damage that wiped us out. I can't say that it's been all bad. There's been a lot more time for reading. And playing. And dreaming. And talking to my John. If I could just figure out how to do my banking some other way. I've just about gone crazy (and drove the sweet bank girls crazy) without my online banking. I check the stupid thing every hour thinking some fairy has left me a sweet surprise. The only problem is the surprises are usually not sweet. Anyway, I'm awake w-a-a-a-y past my bedtime. (As I said, detatched---not so bad. Allows much more time for sleep!)
Photobucket
Why am I always in such a hurry? And why am I so busy? I feel like I'm rushed all day everyday. I'm running around the house putting away laundry. Or rushing to get the kids dressed when we're not even leaving the house. I find myself telling them, "hurry up." "We got to go!" And I don't even know why I'm hurrying. I drive a million miles per hour all over town for no reason. It's just a habit. I don't want to be so busy.

Photobucket

I don't mean that I want to be idle. Or that I want to sit around and do nothing. In fact, that's not even an option. I just want to slow down and enjoy life.

Photobucket

We did take time to celebrate a special day::

Photobucket

Mamy K had a birthday. I can't remember what birthday it was. I can't keep up with them. I'm sure they're not surprised. "They" being Amy and Kimberly. I think she turned 23?

Photobucket

We surprised her with some goodies and a very gaudy balloon.

Some cards and flowers.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Some hugs and kisses.

Photobucket

Photobucket

And a very 'peaceful' Mexican lunch.

Photobucket

We have finally started making plans for our garden. I've wanted to plant a garden for the past 2 years and we just never got to it.  We are definitely not pros, but we shall see how it goes! We've got some starters planted and tomorrow we hope to get the 'real' thing ready. Yay! I'm super excited!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

One of my latest books, Grace Based Parenting, by Dr. Tim Kimmel is you guessed it, wonderful! I'm only on the 2nd chapter but my mind is already overloaded with information, inspiration, and instruction!

I'll be back!

2 comments:

Lori said...

Busyness is a constant in our lives too and I'm soooo tired of it!! Hoping this Spring and Summer is a time we can slow down and just enjoy each other! Glad you're back!

Mamy K said...

Yes my wonderful big sister, I am 23! I'm not surprised at all that you didn't know that! It was sooo sweet of yall to come see me! It was def one of the best birthdays I've had! John Luke did such a great job picking out me some sweet treats! I love yall!