Photobucket

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Let's all say ahhhhhhhh.....

I'll go first.............

 Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Some things just require a long sigh.....

One that translates into, "Thank you Jesus, that project is done, and I promise I'll never, ever do it again!"

Do y'all remember these?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

That was in February!

We managed to get the top half finished then........

Photobucket

Six whole months later we tackled the bottom half..........

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The opposite side......

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I need your opinions.......

in the picture above, notice the right side of the metal thingy......above the kid's desk.  Does the picture hanging above the desk look out of place?  Does it make the wall unbalanced?

Photobucket

I promise the picture IS hanging straight. That drives me crazy....
My idea was to make the desk area it's own little space. Not sure it's working?

Photobucket

Photobucket

So..........let the hallelujah chorus begin! It's done! And I'm loving it :)

A big shout out to my dear John.....thank you, thank you, thank you!

5 comments:

LeAnne said...

It looks really good! I hope we paint ours someday!

Robin said...

Wow what a transformation!!! Paint can make such a difference. It really looks great. I still want to see it in person. This merry go around I am on should slow down soon. As far as the unbalance you mentioned...I like it, some would not but I don't like everything balanced. (but I tend to be a little weird) Hope to see you all soon!

The Starr Family said...

Yeah!!! Beth, it looks fantastic! I am so happy & relieved for you... painting cupboards is some seriously tedious & exhausting stuff! Amen!

Beth said...

Thanks guys!

Unknown said...

Love your color combination!! We want to tackle our kitchen cabinets too... I hear the Rustoleum kit is suppose to make the task less daunting??? Really enjoying your blog! Happy I came across it! :)