Photobucket

Friday, September 16, 2011

Five Minute Friday:::Joy

I'm joining with The Gypsy Mama and others for Five Minute Friday.

Here's the rules:::

1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.


2. Link back here and invite others to join in.

3. Go a little overboard encouraging the writer who linked up before you.

The topic today is JOY.

Here goes::::

It seems we so often think that as Christians we should always experience joy. Never hardships. Never sadness. Never disappointment. Never heartache.

But actually God sees it completely opposite than we do.

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops patience.  But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing."---James 1:2-4

Soon after marriage, I was awakened by the cold hard truth that the man I married was not perfect.  And even more astonishing was that neither was the girl he married.  I was under the assumption that since I was so in love with him and thought he was the hunkiest thing I'd ever seen, {and still do}, that he would also fulfill my every need. That was not the case.  And as time went on, I learned he was not supposed to.

Only God can offer that kind of love.  That kind of comfort.  That kind of JOY.

And now as even more time has passed, I've realized that not only is he not responsible for providing that JOY, neither is anything or anyone else on this earth.

I pray that God will help me to grasp the realness of this life.  That it is but a vapor.  And eternity is forever. That's hard to describe in words because my finite mind cannot comprehend.

But as we face those trials, may we keep in our hearts and minds that we are here for only a short while.  And that our soul purpose is to honor Christ.

Allow Him to fill those empty hearts and hurting wounds with His JOY.

Jesus brings JOY.

JOY is the unhideable, unquenchable, unchangeable, unthinkable, outrageous response of the grateful saved.

If you are one those grateful saved,  REJOICE!

3 comments:

mamy k said...

What a great post!!! Thank you for reminding me of this!!! I love you!

Beth said...

Love you!

Nan said...

Rejoice, rejoice, again I say rejoice! Love this post.