Photobucket

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Tye-Dyed Kindness

Kindness is good.  Real good.

Especially on "those days".  The ones that linger on for a lifetime.

The ones that leave you with a few strands of hair left hanging on by a thread.

Photobucket

" And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you."    Ephesians 4:32

It was our family verse growing up and it is now carrying on the tradition as family verse in this house.

It is complete. There's not too much and there's nothing left out. It covers all things.

So....what better idea than to make a kindness banner to remind us of those be-ye-kind-one-to-another moments.

Mama and Daddy included.

Here's how to do it:::

Gather up a few coffee filters and my most favorite kinds of markers....washables.

Photobucket

Find your favorite spot to hang out and color away.  There's no wrong way just use lots of different colors.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Some may like to explain just exactly what that is in their picture....

Photobucket

Don't laugh....we're all talented in different areas :)

Photobucket

Then string up some twine and hang those masterpieces.....

Photobucket

Photobucket

Run get the water bottle/bed-head-hair-fixer thingy and spray like you mean business......

Photobucket

Let those beautiful, runny creations blow in the wind til' they're dry.......

Photobucket

Photobucket

When they are good and "tye-dyed", gather them all up and make yourself a banner.....

Photobucket

And when sweet little loves are kind to one another, write it on a filter and hang it for all to see.....

Photobucket

Or when you come home from a long day (and your totally exhausted) and you find your sweet little husband remembered what it meant to "be ye kind one to another" and you find this......

Photobucket

So yes sir, he gets a place on that banner too!

Photobucket

I literally pray that above all things in my children's life, that God will give them a kind, tender heart toward others and to Him. That they will be sensitive to the Holy Spirit and obedient to His will.

The truth is, I need this tye-dye kindness banner to remind me to "be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you", as much as anyone!

Photobucket

8 comments:

Nancy, Jeremy, Jack, and Julianne said...

What a great idea Beth- thanks for sharing and what an awesome sunset!

Lori said...

Such a great way to call attention to the nice things you all do and to show the kids how important it is. Very cute too!

Mamy K said...

Soooooo sweet!! I especially needed reminding about our family verse tonight! I love yall!!

Beth said...

Thanks Nancy & Lori!

Mamy K--Love you too!

Tara said...

I sure do love this - might have to try it out here as I've found myself really frazzled lately with two little girls who most days aren't so kind to one another. And I loved your last post, too!

Beth said...

Thanks Tara! I know what you mean! And around here, sometimes the "big kids" need as much of a reminder as the littles!

Anonymous said...

I don't know if it is because I am preggo but I just cried when I read this. I love the post and so glad mama and daddy made us memorize that verse and even kiss and hug! (Like you mean it!)

Mamy

Beth said...

I know! I almost added a little::: "Now kiss!" "Now hug!" "LIKE YOU MEAN IT"!!! But I figured nobody would "get" it and think I really had lost my mind! Love you sister! And unexplained tears are now a part of your life from here on out:)