Photobucket

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Pass the instructions, please!?

Parenting::: it's much like putting a puzzle together. Only you have just a few challenges.

:::The border pieces have all been removed. I know it's easier to start a jigsaw puzzle by putting the edge pieces together to form a border.  That gives you an early sense of accomplishment before you move on to the difficult stuff.  Sorry.  You'll have to decide the boundaries of this puzzle for yourself.
:::Somebody threw a couple of handfuls of pieces from a different puzzle into the box. They may look like they belong in this one, but they don't. They won't fit no matter how hard you try. And because you don't know which ones they are, you could waste a lot of time before you find out.
---Tim Kimmel

Are you ready to start putting the puzzle together?

I say just give me some medication! Because not only did I get all the puzzle pieces mixed up, and lose the border pieces I've also lost the cover to the box!

Photobucket

And to say I can achieve confident parenting......is that even possible?

Photobucket

What does a confident parent look like?
I'm so far from figuring it out...... but one thing for sure is I am on this rollercoaster for the long haul.

I have two precious, not perfect, but precious loves that are counting on me!

Photobucket

 
*Karol Ladd says,  "A positive mom is a praying mom."

Photobucket

I know not by what methods rare,
But this I know:  God answers prayer.
I know not if the blessing sought
Will come in just the guise I thought.
I leave my prayer to Him alone
Whose will is wiser than my own.
---Eliza M. Hickok

*Content parents provide their children with a much needed freedom.

Photobucket

 "Constant complaint is the poorest sort of pay for all the comforts we enjoy."
----Ben Franklin

"He is richest who is content with the least."
-----Charles H. Spurgeon

I am reminded often that God made these children "precious in His sight."  And that should be enough for me.
Photobucket

"Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones. And when you have finished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake."
-----Victor Hugo

I know one thing for sure.....I must pray.

Photobucket

Really hard. And thank God for His grace.
Photobucket

Chill out.

And dance rather than march.

3 comments:

Amy Bryan said...

Love this post! I read Karol Ladd's "The Power of a Positive Mom" and LOVED IT, I highlighted most all of the book! We had a great time tonight, thanks for having us! You do have two very precious ones, I sure hope Amos turns out like John Luke!!

Beth said...

Oh Amy! That is one of the sweetest compliments for a Mama! Thank You~ Amos is a sweet little chunk himself:) We had so much fun too! We should def. do it more often!

Polly said...

we read Karol Ladd's books on being a positive mom/wife in our Moms group several years ago. it amazes me how much her words have shaped and guided my parenting. if you haven't yet read "Heave at Home" I would recommend it
blessings,